Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.
Honestly, how bad is it to sleep in your makeup?
Sleeping in your makeup is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. The epidermis is the largest living organ on the body — it needs to be hydrated and well-nourished to fight the aging process. I recommend using our Hydrate Moisturizer for day. It contains moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid, a natural blend of five oils, exotic mango and shea butter. I recommend Restore Night Cream for night, a velvety emollient blend of aloe vera, avocado, grapes seed oils and vitamin E to rejuvenate your skin while you sleep.
How do I pick the perfect red lipstick?
My two rules for the perfect red lipstick are:
- an orange-based lipstick works best for daytime, and
- a blue-based lipstick is more intense for nighttime.
How do you go from work to an office party?
Follow my five simple steps to go from day to night:
- Apply HD Primer over your makeup to freshen up your skin. It will restore your powder and foundation and bring them back to life
- Apply our black eyeliner inside the eye, and a Shimmer Eye Shadow to brighten the eye. Reapply mascara and some artificial eyelashes for an extra “wow” factor
- Use our Concealer Duo – one shade lighter than your skin tone to brighten under the eye and apply powder to set it
- Highlight your cheekbones and contour the triangle of your face. Add blush to the apple of your cheeks, and
- Apply a brighter lipstick to create drama for night or use a light lipstick with blue base color to create light for nighttime. I recommend our Working Girl Palette, which I created to take you from day to night in a few simple strokes. Lips, I recommend Buenos Aires Liquid Lipstick for day and Miami Liquid Lipstick for nighttime. For a light lipstick at night, I recommend our Comet Lipstick.
What are the current holiday trends?
Metallic cosmetic colors hit the runway hard this season. Add sparkles to your eyeshadow or just a wash of sparkle on the eyelid. Line the eye with brown or black cake liner. Highlight your cheeks with our Out of Space Shimmer Powder. Add luster to your lips — it can be light or bright depending on your mood.
What are your “go to” products?
My best-kept secret for flawless makeup up is always starts with our HD Primer, which evens out skin tones, minimizes the appearance of large pores and preps your skin as the perfect canvas for a flawless makeup that will last for 8-10 hours.
How do I know what colors work best for me?
Your hair color determines what colors work best for you. Send me a photo and I’ll share my secrets to bring out your natural beauty.